We all agree that we have only one Earth and we must take care of it. But as parents we must also teach our little ones to love it because Earth is their home. Earth Day is a special day to share different ideas of how we can show some love to our beautiful planet. At home, we have been making some crafts, and even some Earth Day cookies! Happy Earth Day!
My little daughter is into baking, so for this Easter she wanted to make some Easter Bunny cupcakes.
I found this decorating kit from Wilton. Click here to find it. I loved the design. It looked so cute on our Easter table!
So my mom used to make this recipe for me as a child. I used to love these Jell-O Easter Eggs, and I still do! The recipe is very easy and inexpensive. All you need is to empty about a dozen eggs by removing the insides through a very small hole, wash them, and fill them with Jell-O. After cooling them, gently crack them around, run them through hot water for about 2 seconds, and peel them.
You can also use different layers of Jell-O to make stripe designs. It will take a little longer between cooling layers to add the new ones, but if you had the time go for it!
My daughter loves decorating sugar cookies. It is a fun activity to do with your little ones. You can make your own cookie dough or you can get a cookie mix. To see the one I use from Betty Crocker click here.
After getting your cookie mix, the next thing you need is your decorating materials. We love pink and white cookie icing and sprinkles. For these, I like Wilton cooking icing (click here) and their sprinkles (click here).
As 2015 starts, I can’t stop thinking of my new years resolutions to make this a better year for my family and me. These are some of the top on my list:
– Exercise more. I would like to hit the gym at least 3 times a week, and complete either one long run or one Tracy Anderson workout a week. Last year I was very disciplined about my workout routine until I gave birth to my baby girl and found out myself choosing a hour extra of sleep rather than going to the gym.
– Read more books. I used to read lots of books before becoming a mom. After that, of course I kept on reading, but mostly about babies and parenting … this year I would like to go back to my favorite topics, specially historical fiction :).
– Organize my family pictures. This one has been haunting me for a couple of years already. I am confronting that big pile of family pictures this year!
– Potty training my 2 1/2 boy. I hope this one is in my little boy’s New Year resolution list as well LOL.
– Cooking new recipes for my family. Last year I got a couple of nice cooking books because I wanted to try different recipes everyday. Nonetheless, I think I may have prepared 1 or 2 recipes of each :(… This year I would like to at least prepare one new recipe a week.
– Get one massage per month. Carrying a baby around all day long gives me backaches from time to time, so what a better way to fix the problem than getting a massage. I think full time mommies deserve this type of pampering. I love Massage Envy Brickell for regular massages, and I never miss the Miami Massage Month. My favorite Spa in Miami is Lapis, at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
– Writing a children’s book. I had written a very good one long time ago but never got to publish it. I would like to see if I can do so this year. It was a really nice story, and I know that my kids would love it :).
These are just some that came into my mind.
I hope we all can stick to our New Year Resolutions :).